|The Wording on the Plaque:
The Queen's and Regimental Colours
are the Colours of the 30th Infantry Battalion, NSW Scottish Regiment on
which are emblazoned the Battle Honours of the Scottish Rifles, 30th
Battalion 1914/18 and 1939/45, 2/30th Battalion 1939/45 were Laid Up
here at St Stephen's Church on 9th December 1962.
The 30th Infantry Battalion ceased to
exist on 30th June 1960 upon re-organisation of the Citizen Army (CMF).
This ended 75 years of Scottish history including 45 years
known as the Scottish Regiment.
At a ceremonial parade and ceremony
former members of the "Rifles", 30th and 2/30th Battalions who
had served in all the wars of the Australian Military Forces,
witnessed the Colours being
Laid Up escorted by Officers and men of the descendant Company, A Company,
NSW Scottish, 2 Battalion Royal NSW Regiment.
The Colours were Laid Up in
this the Regimental Church, being handed to the Reverend Gordon Powell MA
BD, Minister of St Stephen's by the last Commander of the 30th NSW
Lieutenant Colonel W
2/30th Battalion, Malaya, Brigadier FG Galleghan DSO OBE SO ED
30th Battalion, New Guinea, Lieutenant Colonel WN Perry-Okenden DSO
Officer Commanding A
Company NSW Scottish Major D H Playfair
In Omni Modo Fidelis